Friday, July 22, 2005

It's over!

My bum's a little more numb, (How many certificates can one sports faculty give?) my eyes are feeling heavier, the children have been loaded onto buses and, except for the odd accidental meeting in Co op, I won't see them for 6 weeks.

Time to crack open the wine, put my feet up and sleep! ZZZzzz

This year has been a very trying one for me. I have learnt many things about education at the Catholic School in which I teach. I have had to learn some harsh lessons about the way in which management teams work. I have discovered that I am a confident teacher and that in order to remain so I need to develop a very thick skin.

It may seem to the outsider that a teacher who needs to tell herself that the others are mad, may be deluding herself. Unfortunately for this teacher, at times, the management seems to find ways in which to deceive and demotivate. In fact I am quite convinced that in doing so they somehow believe themselves to be doing someone a favour. Move out of the 1800s!

To my pals in "the circle" I say many thank yous. For your support and belief that there is another way; a much better and more supportive way. I also remind them that they are all super stars and that no-one (and i mean no one) has the right to tell them anything different!

No comments: