Sunday, December 03, 2006

An Update. - Just keep focused! Don't panic !


Yes it is. We're out of special measures.. Thank goodness. That school hasn't needed to be in special measures for some time now. We were deemed to be a satisfactory school with some good and outstanding features. Ofsted like things to be done in stages, poor --> satisfactory is quite a leap but I imagine that next time they come we will be a good school with some outstanding features. That next time will be in 3 years thank fully!

The last week has been really hard. I went to see Colette and felt cool, calm and at ease. We visited LOFs Dad (which was lovely) and his mother at the weekend and then by Monday I was getting myself into a right state- god knows why. I wasn't even particularly scared about the invasion of the inspectors but, nonetheless, I found myself in tears repeatedly throughout the whole experience. The reason? Sheer exhaustion I think. I couldn't even eat for one 24 hour session!

I have only 3 weeks left until we leave. 3 weeks and a list as long as LOF's entire body of things that need to be done. Conti-boarding seems to be taking for ever and the attic in our old house is now empty. I still need to do the shed, the garden and buy rucksacks and walking shoes. I need to pack everything. Order goods for a party on Saturday (see you there), make sure the sale of the house is moving (it's seems to have stood still for weeks now. How hard can it be???) Pack away all of my stuff at school, tell the kids, plan lessons and teach, etc etc etc. Arghhh.

I just have to remind myself that it will all be worth it! Sometimes it's hard though and there have been moments when I have even felt a little panicky about it all. If you think that moving away to another country for a year sounds appealing then stop and think about the hard work that needs to be done before hand - there's a lot of it!

The car hasn't sold yet. There were 8 people watching it (I suspect blog people) and no-one made a bid. I've put it back on there again now. Please don't watch it unless you want to buy it - I got my hopes up last time...lol.

At least this week I will be able to move my priorities to Australia rather than school and I'm afraid that's probably where they'll stay now. It's not possible to do everything. here's to December 23rd.

No comments: