Monday, January 01, 2007

PERTH

is beautiful and I can really see why a lot of expats want to live here. It's a shame that we haven't had enough time to explore some of the famous ex-pat locations like rockhampton etc but I get a gist... LOL.

It's very laid back here. So laid back that on New Years Eve when traditionally people are everywhere, drunk and watching fireworks there was only one place with colours and lights! How strange. LOL We thought it was a little bit crazy that a large city - a very famous city- didn't have a bigger bang for New Year.

I took Matt to a surf shop where we happily spent hundreds of dollars on new "sunnies", "boardies" , T-shirts and shorts. In DIFFERENT COLOURS!!!! :)
As the shop assistant said "Now you're in the land of sunshine things are different" we bought a pair of cool polarised oakley Sunnies. (We have noticed that most Australian slang ends in the suffix ies... mmm?)

Yesterday I also learnt that an "Eskie" is a big cool box on wheels - check me out - turning into an Aussie already :)

We paid 32 dollars each to go to Gloucester Park (where the "trots" are) no.. no illness but little horses who pull chariot style carriages round a track. There were bands playing etc. I have to admit I said "LOM would love this..." really missed my mates, held back the tears and realised that all this was pointing out that we weren't with the people we wanted to be with. After about 2 hours we wandered off and sat next to the river instead. It was much nicer and much more personal and we got to watch the fireworks we'd paid for from a distance anyway. :)
Soppy sods aren't we.

I tried to text SPAN last night but LOF's mobile wouldn't do it.:( We can't use his phone anymore because it's a works one and I'm still waiting for the code to unlock the handset so that I can use the new Aussie Sim. It's too expensive. :( I'm not even sure if she's got a computer at the moment - we kindly donated our PC but Bogus has to set it up for her so she can use her pretty new Ipod. :)

Thanks to everyone who's sending us emails. It's always great to hear from you. Not sure how easy it will be to update this over the next few days as we're off to the outback. Little scared about the closeness to the wildlife -:\ We'll see. I haven't seen a single Kanagroo yet though so maybe I will in Alice Springs? Who Knows. Apologies for the lack of pictures. Current internet point won't let me upload them :( I've even paid to be apro member of Flickr so that I can put them all into sets. Bummer!

OOh on a soaps note. Haven't yet seen Home and Away or neighbours but there was strange music video on yesterday which seemed to be dedicated to Sally Fletcher. It showed her failing in love with Rachel's brother and then i could have sworn that she collapsed and died at the end.!!! I hope that doesn't mean that she's left the program. The end of Miss Fletcher where will I get my inspiration from Eh Bradders?

X
Love to you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe there is a lager called Swan lager in Perth. I expect your opinion of aforementioned tipple LOF.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sel, Thought about you as I got my school bag ready. Can't believe you won't be there - really pleased that you've got there tho.
Enjoy the sun - it's so much better than rain!
Jilly

Anonymous said...

Me again - just finished last minute prep and played your 'Because we'll miss you' bit. Now crying. Also about to download music cos it's brill. Be happy babe! Jx

Saisha said...

Hi Sel,
It all sounds brilliant so far. Yes it is good that you're not typing every day coz it means you're LIVING it! Just keep the 'Eskie' fully stocked and you'll be fine.
Sally x

Anonymous said...

There was me still hanging on to the last slither of hope!!! Hoping that this was all a wind up and you would be there as usual to set me up for another Shenley term!! You are missed by all and your classes keep walking into your room expecting to see you there, and look rather glum when i turn them away!!lol
It sounds like you are having a ball. Sally Fletcher lives on!!! so keep your chin up you will bump into her over a HSC paper!!lol
miss you loads, have a fab time and keep us posted.
Love Kim (Bradders!)