Friday, May 04, 2007

I went here to day. It's where a contact from CEGSA works. I went to his College to play with a new toy - The Onfinity. I wanted to see how it worked so I took along my laptop - Now loaded with 4 different Interactive Whiteboard software packages - to see how it worked.

Whilst I was in the room playing with it and answering passing curious teacher's questions the Head walked in (didn't know he was the head at the time) As we're talking and I was demonstrating he interrupts, explaining that a lot of the high schools in the area have been buying interactive whiteboards and so he wants to invest in certain areas of the college. I carry on showing them things and getting used to the Onfinity - which is very good-.

Then the conversation turned to which hardware they should by. At this point my colleague at the college has explained who the Head is! The head then says:
"I don't care which Hardware we buy. We need a Selena! You teach English? Brilliant. I think it's clear we need Selena to help train us and work with teachers. I think we could offer her at least a day a week. Make it happen!"
Then he left the room.

The result? I have a job!!!! WOO HOO. I am now going to be an TRT (Teacher relief Teacher) for them and they are working on giving me at least one permanent day where I can work with staff members on how to use an interactive white board. :) At last... something to do! I have a feeling I'll be there a little more than one day a week too. - Well fingers crossed. The pay is better than the agency were offering as well so that will be nice - plus I get to work in the same place with the same people!

I'll be teaching the New Arrivals I think. Which means helping people who don't speak English to speak and write it! I'm also hoping for a little Year 12 English ;) It's a Senior College so it's older kids and some adults from other countries who I'll be working with.

It'll be nice to go to work again! ;)

1 comment:

Mummy Cow said...

Wow! That's brilliant! (We need a Selena too tho...). Hope it goes well.
MC x