Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's been a good week.



It's been busy too!

On Thursday i did a seminar at Flinders University and (I am told) 250 people turned up!!! OMG. I like an audience but I'm not used to having that many people listen to me for an hour and a half ;) It was good fun though and I think everyone enjoyed it.

November the 10th also saw the start of the christmas celebrations here in Adelaide. The Xmas Pageant was on on Saturday and is the day that Santa officially comes to Adelaide, he's the last float in the parade! Once we'd got over the problems of translation (I thought an xmas pagent would be a private party involving Miss World type competitions vaguely related to santa until I realised it's just a carnival!) we had a great time and I'm glad we went.


It was the busiest I've ever seen Adelaide. Amusingly, it was the first time in a year it's felt a little like being back in the uk (or B'ham city center) as we had to walk through torrents of people on the high street) I'd forgotten how crowded it can get there (bham)- especially before xmas! We haven't thought about xmas at all. I mean it's 30 degrees and my weekends are spent on the beach... nothing chirstmassy about that at all! I'm a litte sun burnt though ;)

It was strange indeed to see all the usual snowy scenes on a hot spring morning! lol
I am told by the locals that Xmas is far more laid back here. The kids get a few pressies then it's down to the beach for the rest of the day. Apparently they don't spend nearly as much monety or time on it as they have plenty of other things to be doing out in the sunshine! I don't blame them! If it was 30 odd degrees outside I don't think I'd be sat inside watching another re-run of a popular elf movie either!
;)

No comments: