Sunday, December 23, 2007

What to write....

I'm not really sure what to write at the moment. Obviously we have been back nearly 2 weeks; 2 weeks that have flown far more quickly than the last 12 months. LOF has been ill with Man Flu which has prevented us from visiting many people and has ensured that I have made many Christmas shopping trips - SOLO. IN fact, I am convinced that the "flu" began with the shopping trip in B'ham and ended when I announced all the shopping was complete. LOL No... to be honest he has actually been ill and didn't even get out of bed for 2 days. I knew he was better when today we engaged in a sword fight (Well I say swords but actually they were the inside rolls of some wrapping paper) and I was gutted to discover that I had the weaker weapon when mine broke in 2 in about 5 secs!

LOF has been better at logging onto WOW than me as he has been around in the morning with nothing to entertain him whilst I get busy at the shops or with chores of one description or another. So, I apologise to those who might be wondering what happened to any of an array of characters beginning with "sel.." lol ;) I will be on soon and hopefully you'll be on too!! :) I just need to get Christmas over and done with.

In a moment of some inexplicable madness I volunteered to cook Christmas Dinner. As we speak, in preparation for the mad day, a Veggie Christmas Roast is in the oven the smell of which is making me very hungry (and unfortunately it's not dinner time!). I've got all of the ingredients including fresh herbs (two of which will be harvested from a plant on Christmas Day much to mother's shock). Dad was disappointed that he didn't get his Honey roasted M+S parsnips but I have explained that I will make them from fresh for him and I believe he is now pacified! lol In truth I love cooking and I haven't cooked a meal in weeks now what with us always being one place or another or stuck in the air being fed out of small plastic containers. So it will be lovely to cook for 6 on Tuesday.

I am sure that some of you are curious as to whether I have had any sudden urges to book myself (along with LOF) on a return flight to Adelaide. I have to admit that I am missing it a little now. The icy weather is not the problem though. In fact I am quite enjoying feeling chilly and think the icy mornings and fresh days are very festive indeed. I am sure that I wouldn't feel anything near as geared up for Christmas had we still been in OZ. Instead it's the lifestyle that I am missing. I am enjoying having all of my friends in close proximity and am getting used to calling them and meeting up for drinks, dinner, cinemas etc. (Believe me it is strange that I can do that!) I am a little worried about work though as I have spent the last year evaluating a great many things and I know that, before I left, work really had taken over. I love my job but I will be really angry with myself if all I have in my life is school and the occasional trip to borders. As usual that sounds a little dramatic and I don't mean any disrespect to all of my wonderful friends. I just know that all I ever talked about was school and watching my sister, who is also a teacher, terrifies me. She even puts being at school or marking above sorting out the damp in her house!!! Apparently she just doesn't have time. I don't think I was ever quite that bad but I am aware that in Adelaide, for the past 6 months or so I was never stressed out or panicky and on several occasions over the last week and a half some strange and unwelcome negative gut feelings have begun to emerge. Having said that, I have moved from another country again and I have to get used to it ! A few wobbles are, I am sure, to be expected It took me 6 months not to want to get a flight home the other end and I am aware that I have to give it a good go! I am sure that we won't be returning to Oz in the next few years but I do have a feeling that we'll find our way back again. Perhaps with a couple of children in tow. We'll have to see! I have realised that nothing is forever ( Well apart from LOF and Moch! :) and that it's OK to bugger off for a few years and see what happens. Nothing really changes in the UK and everyone is very happy to see you when you get back ;) lol!

I just have to convince some special people to come with me next time so I have someone to have BBQs with on the beach and I don't feel so lonely. We'll see :)

My goodness for a post in which I didn't know what to write I seem to have written a small novella!! lol It's always the way.

In case I don't get chance to see you all before Christmas (Fryer Rd gang I do have cards and I will drop them around to you I promise) make sure you have a good one. Relax and remember what's important. Each other.

(God now I am in danger of sounding like Jerry Springer!! )

No comments: