Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back to reality

It;s been a busy week. I've returned to work, been hunting for houses and bought a wedding dress!! yay! (Finally!) Obviously I can not divulge the details of the dress on a website where certain snooping eyes may pry but I love wearing it so it must be nice :)

Work has been great. Infact, in some ways it feels like I was never really away. The students certainly seem to be behaving in that way towards me :) It's nice to feel wanted and loved ;!! lol. I have been trying hard not to allow work to tip into life and have been staying behind every night to focus on the work that needs to be done. That said, this week my timetable is very light in comparison to the 3 5 period days have waiting for me Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I do have some concerns over the effect such a crowses period will have on the amount of work ( planning, marking etc) I can possibly get down before 5:30 - especially as parents evening is on one of those evenings ... Ahhhh it's all very interesting how we're supposed to keep on top of it all. I guess I'll just have to keep trying! There has to be a secret nack to it somehow and thus far it's worked! I Will have to do some planning tomorrow though... I chose to go to the pub well before 5:30 came around on Friday ;)

We had our first snow of the New Year yesterday too. It chose to fall just as I was driving home from Birmingham. This caused havoc on the roads but kept me amused. I was definitly happy screaming and smiling in my car as I drove down the hills of the A441 with my hand out of the open window catching snowflakes! Unfortunatly, by the time I got to my destination the snow had turned to slush, the slush to rain and it was all over :( It was cool to see the snowflakes falling from the sky though :)

The house hunt is not going as quickly as the weddind dress hunt unfortunatly. There just doesn't seem to be "THE" house on the market. We'll keep trudging on I guess :)

1 comment:

Mummy Cow said...

You're doing a great job. It's like you've never been away...