Thursday, December 29, 2005

christmas at no 14.







It was a rather busy festive season so many apologies to all those with whom I have been trying to visit over the festive period. We had the family Woodward staying with us for the duration which was nice. Family should always be around at Christmas.
Matt, Shell and I cooked up storm on Christmas day and with the addition of the outdoor furniture being hauled indoors we managed to have our meal at a table! lol. The menu included:
Homemade veggie roast
Gratin Potatoes with garlic and herb butter carrots and swede
Sprouts in orange and herb butter with roast chestnuts
A massive turkey (which of course I did not choose to partake in)
Roast Parsnips and Potatoes
and a massive Christmas pud (with cream). MMmmmm tasty.

The presents were very eventful. I got loads of DVDs, clothes, smellies and stuff but I also got given two tickets to see TAKE THAT!!!!!! WOOOO HOO (it made me cry- how sad am I! ) So i now get to fulfill a childhood dream and see them. (And for those who are wondering; I'm glad Robbie won't be there coz he's cocky and a druggie... lol) Matt doesn't want to come with me! I don't know why?

Matt has been having lots of fun with his Banjo. He's trying to learn to play it bluegrass style. As a result the whole house is tripping along to a hillbilly theme. (On Christmas day i even woke up laughing because even my dreams had the basic forward roll soundtrack.)

Matt has just pealed open Eva Longoria remarking that this might be "the only time I ever get to peel Eva Longoria open" (eugh) and hung her on the wall next to my head (I bought him a calendar)

Christmas can often be a rather strange time of year but I am very thankful for what I've got. Singing carols around the hospital with Ann and Jeremy reminded me of that on Christmas Eve.
Thank god I can now relax!;)

No comments: